Tropic Plastic aims to manage the environmental effects and aspects of all our operations in a responsible and affirmative manner and continually seek to improve on environmental performance through maximum prevention at source and maximum amount recycled by working eco-efficiently.
By ensuring that packaging is recyclable and being environmentally conscious , we will help keep our planet green, with this in mind , we currently recycle 90% of all waste accumulated and aim to decrease plastic waste to landfill by following the hierarchy of reduce, reuse and recycle.
The following practises are followed at Tropic Plastic to reduce the impact on the environment:
- Tropic Plastic has its own recycling facility and advanced machinery which ensures waste such as plastic is recycled and cut off waste from production is immediately introduced back into the process.
- Printed plastic waste from the process is supplied to external recycling converters who recycle the plastic material into other plastic products for daily use.
- Water used in the cooling process is recycled and reused after treatment thus ensuring water consumption is reduced.
- Solvent and inks are recycled by our own in-house solvent recovery system thus reducing emissions.
- We have implemented a paperless office system generated by M- files and whatever paper is required, it is either reused or recycled internally.
- All used ink cartridges are not disposed but recycled.
- Energy conservation by switching off all electrical appliance and computers at the end of every work day.
- Energy saving lighting installed in the factory and offices.