HISTORY OF our SABS ISO Certification
Since the 4th March 1996 Tropic Plastic and Packaging has always had a SABS ISO 9001 Quality Management System Certification with no exclusions which had been maintained ever since being awarded the certification. However, in order to better serve the needs of our customers, we recently went through the stricter and more stringent SABS ISO 22000:2005 Food Safety Management System Certification process. We were awarded this certification the 18th March 2015. As such, we are very proud to have achieved this certification. All our staff have worked very hard to ensure we meet the required standard for this certification. Our customers and ultimately the end user consumer, will further benefit from every product that is produced under very strict industry standards and accepted industry quality control processes.
ISO 22000 is an international standard intended to be used by organizations within the food chain. It contains traditional quality assurance preventive measures plus preventive food-safety measures. The purpose of ISO 22000 is to provide a practical approach to ensure the reduction and elimination of food safety risks as a means to protect consumers. ISO 22000 is intended to help organizations:
• Embed and improve the internal processes needed to provide consistently safe food
• Provide confidence to the organization and the management team that the organization’s practices and procedures are in place and that they are effective and robust
• Provide confidence to customers and other stakeholders (through the ISO 22000 certification process) that the organization has the ability to control food safety hazards and provide safe products
• Provide a means of continual improvement that ensures that the food safety management system is reviewed and updated so that all activities related to food safety are continually optimized and effective
• Ensure adequate control at all stages of the food supply chain to prevent the introduction of food safety hazards
• Certificate Ref No: FMS 234
CLICK HERE to view our FSSC 22000 certificate.